Our Cambridge office provides legal advice on corporate and intellectual property matters, particularly to technology companies and those investing in those companies.
Our client base ranges from start-ups to fully listed companies, from individual investors to significant investment funds.
The firm has been ranked top for intellectual property law in the UK since 1990. A number of our lawyers have science degrees, have worked in-house and/or been seconded to technology companies. The combined strength of our corporate and intellectual property lawyers, including our knowledge of international intellectual property rights and our extensive international connections, make us ideally placed to service the needs of technology companies and their investors.
Our Corporate Services
- Venture capital – acting for companies raising first and subsequent rounds of finance and also for investment funds and institutions
- Public offerings – advising public companies on fund raising including those listed on the London Stock Exchange or Alternative Investment Market
- Mergers and acquisitions – we advise on the sale and purchase of both private and public companies or their assets, a significant proportion of these transactions are cross-border.
Our Intellectual Property Services
- Intellectual property protection – covering the whole range of potential rights, including copyright, database rights, patents, trademarks, rights in confidential information and semi-conductor typography rights. Wherever possible our advice will be pro-active, but if we have to react to a potential breach of a client’s rights our lawyers have the experience to provide an immediate response
- Due diligence – for example, to establish that a start-up has any rights to develop or that an IPO candidate is entitled to exploit its intellectual property rights.